Great Smoky Mountains National Park straddles the border of North Carolina and Tennessee. The sprawling landscape encompases lush forests and an abundance of wildflowers that bloom year-round. Streams, rivers and waterfalls appear along hiking routes that include a segment of the Appalachian Trail. An observation tower tops Clingmans Dome, the highest peak, offering scenic views of the mist-covered mountains.
Led by Sean Fitzgerald and Yuri Choufour
Limited to 10 participants
Moderate hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will be provided with a PDF that includes the hotel information. Each participant will be assigned a room from the block and at the time of arrival pay for the room. If you are interested in being matched up with a roommate, contact Libby at 206.332.0993.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 6pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Sean and Yuri will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Finding Your Inspiration lecture
- Field shoot
- Group no host dinner
- Download images from the day of shooting
- Morning critique. Each participant will provide three images from Day 1. This will give you the chance to build on successes and learn from mistakes of the previous day.
- Field shoot
- Group discussions, critiques or lectures
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group. Sean will adjust them in Adobe Lightroom and provide instruction.
- Workshop will conclude by 12pm