At 14,411 feet, Mount Rainier rises far above the surrounding peaks of the Cascade Range. Glaciers drape the highest slopes while flower-strewn meadows ring the surrounding forests. There is a treasure trove of wonderful photographic subjects all around you at Mt Rainier National Park.
This workshop is not about how to use your equipment, it is about the composition and the design in Nature photography. Gavriel’s goal is to change the way you see and to make sure you understand the essence of design in Nature Photography .There will be informative lectures, image critiques and in-field lessons.
Led by Art Wolfe and Gavriel Jecan
Limited to 10 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 8pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Art and Gavriel will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Sunrise shoot: Reflection Lake
- Breakfast with the group after field outing (no host)
- Lecture: Creativity in Nature Photography – The Art of Seeing
- Field session focusing on Part 1 of the” Creativity in Nature Photography”
- Download images from the day of shooting
- Early Breakfast and field session along the Nisqually river.
- Midday presentation – Creativity in Nature Photography 2 – Design in Photography
- Field session focusing on Part 2 of the design in Photography
- Following group dinner optional after dinner sunset shoot
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group. Art will adjust them in Adobe Lightroom and provide instruction.
- After Lunch will be heading back home.
- Workshop will conclude by approximately 12pm