The white horses of the Camargue are majestic creatures that are an absolute treat to photograph. If you are a horse lover and are trying to think of new dynamic ways to photograph horses, this is the journey for you. With Art Wolfe as the lead instructor you will not only have fantastic subject matter, but you will also have an expert photographic guide whom will assist you finding your own unique photographic vision.
We have also secured an excellent guide for the region, who actually worked with Art while they were filming the Travels to the Edge TV program. He has put together an excellent itinerary which will also include a visit to the Provence region so that we may incorporate a variety of photographic locations.
Led by Art Wolfe and Patrice Aguilar
Limited to 10 participants
Transportation and Accommodation
All meals, lodging, and transportation specified on the itinerary are included. You will be responsible for your flight to and from France. You are encouraged to arrive one day prior to the workshop so that there is no worry of flight delays causing any problems.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
*This tour is just being finalized now, the itinerary will be adjusted with additional information when it becomes available. Pricing is yet to be confirmed as well.
Day 1 Oct 1st Marseille Provence
Pick up the group at the Marseille Provence airport in the afternoon and drive it to the town of Les Saintes Maries de la mer, check in at the hotel, dinner and night
Early session with horses, lunch in the medieval town of Aigues mortes, evening session with horses, dinner and night
Early session with horses, lunch in the medieval village of Les Baux de Provence, visit of the Cathedral of Images, evening session with horses, dinner and night
Roman city of Arles (lunch) for a big part of the day and then, dinner and sunset at the 2000 year old roman aqueduc of Pont du Gard, night
Check out at Les Rizières, then drive to the charming town of Isle sur Sorgues (lunch), check in at the hotel , afternoon, dinner and sunset in the city of Avignon (popes palace), night
Villages of Roussillon, Fontaine de Vaucluse (lunch) and Gordes (dinner), night
Check out at the hotel, drive to the town of Aix en Provence, check in at the hotel, sunset at the Sainte Victoire mountain (Paul Cézanne painting place), dinner and night
Day in the city of Marseille (lunch) and Cassis (dinner), night
Check out at the hotel, drive to the village of Moustiers Sainte Marie (lunch), check in at the hotel, Canyon of the Verdon, dinner and night
Day 10 Oct 10th -Departure Day
Canyon of the Verdon, check out at the hotel « Les restanques de Moustiers », drive back to the Marseille Provence airport for flight or overnight.
- Accommodations (twin sharing basis)
- 9 breakfasts
- 8 lunches
- 9 dinners
- 4 Sessions with the horses
- waders for each photographer during the Camargue horses shootings
- Entrance fee to visit bird park
- Services of local English guides during city sightseeing
Services Not Included
- Any international Airfare, travel insurance or medical insurance. (health insurance is mandatory and travel insurance is highly recommended)
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion above.
- Tipping to accompanying escort is not included in our quote.
- Any expenditure of personal nature like alcoholic drinks, Fruit shakes, sodas, laundry, telephone calls, or internet
- Anything ordered from room service at any hotel including mineral water (other than what being offered by the hotels on their compliment).
- Any sudden increase in price due to steep hike in fuel cost, change in government tax policy or for any reason beyond our control like acts of god, natural calamity, law and order situation, riots etc and any forced change in itinerary for any unforeseen situation or reason beyond our control.