The Canadian Rockies mountain range spans the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta. With jagged, ice-capped peaks, including towering Mt. Robson, it’s a region of alpine lakes, diverse wildlife and outdoor recreation sites.
Throughout this unique photographic retreat you will be immersed in this beautiful mountain landscape where there are virtually photographic opportunities in every location you look. Art will work closely with participants to show the amazing potential the landscape has to provide. You will be working with the grand landscape as well as the more intimate with instruction on macro photography as well.
Similar to other retreats that Art will be leading, we have selected a lodge that is in close proximity to the many photographic destinations, so that we can offer a more relaxed photographic experience. However, the photographic instruction that is provided will be intensive with morning critiques of images that will provide invaluable information for the remaining days spent in the field.
Led by Art Wolfe
Limited to 8 participants
Transportation and Accommodation
All single room lodging expenses are included. You will be responsible for your flight to and from Calgary Airport and transport to and from the lodge, which is approximately a hour and a half drive from Calgary. We will coordinate carpools upon everyone’s arrival in Calgary to minimize cost and the number of vehicles needed.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
*This tour is just being finalized now, the itinerary will be adjusted with additional information when it becomes available. Pricing is yet to be confirmed as well.
Day 1 Arrive at Calgary Airport
Drive and shoot en route to BANFF
Locations that will be visited throughout this itinerary are:
- Lake Louise
- Mt Assiniboine
- Banff Region
- Moraine Lake
Day 6 Depart
Sunrise shoot in Lake Louise/Moraine Lake area.
Drive back to Calgary for flights home (book return flights after 2pm)
*We are awaiting the official itinerary from our arranger, once that is provided this page will be updated. If you sign up to get on the pre-registration list you will be notified as well when this has been confirmed.
- Accommodations (single rooms)
- Field instruction provided by Art Wolfe with expert Canadian guide and photo instructor
- Classroom lectures
- Multiple critiques throughout the tour
Services Not Included
- Any international Airfare, travel insurance or medical insurance. (health insurance is mandatory and travel insurance is highly recommended)
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion above.
- All meals
- Tipping to accompanying escort is not included in our quote.
- Any expenditure of personal nature like alcoholic drinks, Fruit shakes, sodas, laundry, telephone calls, or internet
- Anything ordered from room service at any hotel including mineral water (other than what being offered by the hotels on their compliment).