Whether you are into the large landscape or the abstract details of a barren land, the Death Valley experience delivers on a variety of levels. Zabriskie Point is a veritable painter’s pallet of earth tones from raw umber to burnt sienna it is a study of line texture and patterns. The Death Valley sand dunes are one of the primary destinations for the great photographers Edward Weston and Ansel Adam as they got lost in the myriad of details, shadows, and light.
For those desiring to escape the late winter blues and the storms still raging across the northern tier, Death Valley is the place to go.
Led by Gavriel Jecan and Sean Fitzgerald
Limited to 10 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will be provided with information regarding the hotel our group will be staying at. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 8:30pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Gavriel and Sean will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary. Early Arrivals Welcome Gathering, Hotel Lobby. Brief, informal and casual Meet & Greet. At this time we will coordinate teams for carpooling. It is not mandatory for everyone to attend the meet and greet, if you cannot make it please let us know so that we can appropriate a ride. Also, we have scheduled the meet and greet for this time so that everyone has a chance to eat beforehand.
- 9:00am – 11:00am Class session.
- 11:00am -12:30 pm Lunch (the group will stop by the grocery store and get snacks for dinner, as we will photograph through the sunset)
- 12:30pm – Afternoon field session
- After Sunset drive back to hotel
- Morning Sunrise shoot
- Late Breakfast
- 10:00 am Class session
- 11:30am – 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00am – 6:30pm Afternoon field session
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Dinner with group.
- 8:00am – 9:00am Transfer jpegs to Gavriel and Sean
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Group critique and review. Please note, this is not an intimidating process, but often one of the most constructive and informative segments of the workshop. Participants are encouraged to bring 4 samples of their work to share.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch break.
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Critiques continued and Discussion