The Big Island offers stunning and diverse photographic opportunities from black sand beaches to primal lava fields and vibrant rainforests. Following an intensive seminar customized for the location, Art will accompany this small group to put into practice expert composition instruction while in the field. Every day will bring a new experience, special lessons and the opportunity to work with Art intimately, sometimes dawn to dusk, capturing the variety of conditions and landscapes that are unique to the beautiful island.
We have arranged for local, volcano expert, pro-photographer friend of Art’s to join this special workshop. He will be on location monitoring the lava flow and volcano activity. We will photograph lava only if conditions and view and views offer worthwhile photographic opportunities whether it’s from sea or land. Your safety is our paramount concern, but if there is activity, we will work to take advantage of the situation.
Led by Art Wolfe
Limited to 8 participants
*This tour is just being finalized now, the itinerary will be adjusted with additional information when it becomes available.
The day-day schedule will be worked around volcano activity and the weather. Our local contacts and Art have developed a list of locations to film that are concentrated primarily on the East Coast of Hawaii (less time traveling and more time photographing). Participants will be there to see how Art navigates conditions to be most productive and effectively capture the essence of the island.
The closest airport to the hotel and activity is Hilo International Airport (ITO)
This Trip Includes:
- Photographic composition seminar and master in-the-field photography instruction
- Hawaii-based, expert photographer, instructor/assistant support
- Special discounted hotel rate for bay view rooms available exclusively to the attendees
- Daily services of guide/driver accompanying the trip throughout
- Daily services of air-conditioned, 15-pax van (extra room for gear) transportation to photography destinations
- Entrance and permit fees for all Hawaii Volcanoes National Park visits