In an attempt to offer something different from our previous Olympic Peninsula workshops we are going to include some new locations and projects to work on in the field using 6-stop neutral density filters.
Wilderness envelops most of the Olympic Peninsula, an unrefined and enchanting place that promises craggy, snowcapped peaks, pristine evergreen forests, and driftwood-covered coastlines. This is a wonderland where the scent of saltwater and pine hang in the air and the horizon sometimes seems to make the entire world appear to be shades of blue and green.
The varied landscape provides ocean views with sculpted sea stacks, old growth forest, waterfalls, and wildlife.
Led by Gavriel Jecan and Libby Pfeiffer
Limited to 12 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop. If you are interested in being matched up with a roommate, contact Libby at email@example.com.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 8pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Gavriel will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Lecture: Creativity In Nature – The Art of Seeing
- Field session: Rialto Beach, Lake Crescent
- Group no host dinner
- Download images from the day of shooting, using your new lightroom knowledge!
- Sunrise Field Session: Hurricane Ridge
- Field shoot: Hoh Rainforest and Second Beach
- Group discussions, critiques or lectures
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group. Gav will adjust them in Adobe Lightroom and provide instruction.
- Workshop will conclude by 1pm