Joshua Tree is yet another great destination in the spring. When temperatures remain chilly in other regions of the US, southern California is an oasis of warmth. Spring is considered to be the absolute best time to visit Joshua Tree, since the weather is so nice. Besides the perfect weather, another reason why the spring is the best time of year to visit Joshua Tree is the desert wildflowers.
Within Joshua Tree National Park you will find fields of unique Joshua Trees, gorgeous and huge rock formations, an amazing night sky, and all the desert views you could ask for. Joshua tree is a study of positive and negative space; as the giant monolithic rocks play beautifully against the graceful Joshua Trees growing at their base.
Art Wolfe and his assistant instructor, Gavriel Jecan, will emphasize positive and negative space and composition as we roam this beautiful and intricate landscape.
Early Bird Special Through March 31st!
Led by Art Wolfe and Gavriel Jecan
Limited to 10 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will be provided with information regarding the hotel our group will be staying at. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
Meet and greet at 8pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Art will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Finding Your Inspiration lecture
- Field shoot
- Group no host dinner
- Download images from the day of shooting
- Morning critique. Each participant will provide three images from Day 1. This will give you the chance to build on successes and learn from mistakes of the previous day.
- Field shoot
- Group discussions, critiques or lectures
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group.
- Workshop will conclude by 12pm