Wilderness envelops most of the Olympic Peninsula, an unrefined and enchanting place that promises craggy, snowcapped peaks, pristine evergreen forests, and driftwood-covered coastlines. This is a wonderland where the scent of saltwater and pine hang in the air and the horizon sometimes seems to make the entire world appear to be shades of blue and green.
The varied landscape provides ocean views with sculpted sea stacks, old growth forest, waterfalls, and wildlife.
Led by Art Wolfe
Gavriel Jecan and Libby Pfeiffer
Limited to 12 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 8pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Art will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Brief presentation centered around the photo opportunities to be had in this region.
- Field session: Lake Crescent, Sol Duc Rainforest
- Group no host dinner
- Download images from the day of shooting
- Optional Sunrise Field Session: Hurricane Ridge (Weather Dependent)
- Field shoot: Hoh Rainforest and Second Beach
- Group discussions, critiques or lectures
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group. Art will adjust them in Adobe Lightroom and provide instruction.
- Workshop will conclude by 1pm
In order to remain Covid-19 Compliant we have initiated the following guidelines for each of our workshops:
- We will have a temperature gun to take each participants temperature at the beginning of the meet and greet before they join the rest of the group.
- We request that each participant wear a face mask. If you do not have a mask one will be provided.
- We will insure that a large enough classroom has been reserved so that we can ensure participants may remain 6’ apart during inside sessions.
- We have confirmed that each restaurant the group dines at together is Covid-19 Compliant.
- We will have travel size hand sanitizer bottles available for each participant.
- When the option is available the group will dine outside to accommodate distance needed. (Primarily for lunch)
- We request that no participants visit each other’s rooms.
- There will be no carpooling unless you arrived with another participant.
- Workshop instructors will be tested for Covid-19 prior to the start of the workshop.