Wilderness envelops most of the Olympic Peninsula, an unrefined and enchanting place that promises craggy, snowcapped peaks, pristine evergreen forests, and driftwood-covered coastlines. This is a wonderland where the scent of saltwater and pine hang in the air and the horizon sometimes seems to make the entire world appear to be shades of blue and green.
The varied landscape provides ocean views with sculpted sea stacks, old growth forest, waterfalls, and wildlife.
Led by Art Wolfe
Limited to 20 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Transportation via carpool will be arranged between lodging and shoot locations.
- We have secured group rate rooms at a local hotel. Upon registration you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 8pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Art will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary.
- Brief presentation centered around the photo opportunities to be had in this region.
- Field session: Lake Crescent, Sol Duc Rainforest
- Group no host dinner
- Download images from the day of shooting
- Optional Sunrise Field Session: Hurricane Ridge (Weather Dependent)
- Field shoot: Hoh Rainforest and Second Beach
- Group discussions, critiques or lectures
- Lecture and critique. Learn from each others images while they are projected for the group. Art will adjust them in Adobe Lightroom and provide instruction.
- Workshop will conclude by 12pm
In order to remain Covid-19 Compliant we have initiated the following guidelines for each of our workshops:
- To keep our instructors and clients safe and healthy as well as streamlining the process of acquiring destination venues and accommodations, we are asking that all workshop participants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Mask policy is dependent upon local laws.
- We will ensure that a large enough classroom has been reserved so that we can ensure participants may be socially distanced if desired.
- We have confirmed that each restaurant the group dines at together is Covid-19 Compliant according to local laws.
- Should conditions change we will update policy.